Take Action Now!
|Download PDF Version...|
|Download Word Version (Customizable)|
As an American Christian of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America with a commitment to peacemaking and concern for all the peoples of the Middle East who are suffering in this current crisis, I appeal to President George W. Bush and the United States Congress to take action to achieve an immediate cease-fire.
I am grieved over the tragic loss of life and suffering among the peoples of Lebanon, Gaza, and all the people of the region and I am concerned about the dire humanitarian crisis that is unfolding as a result of the violence.
I support intensive US diplomatic efforts, in cooperation with parties in the region and the United Nations, to bring about an immediate cease-fire and to achieve the following results:
• end the escalating violence
• protect civilian lives and prevent their further displacement
• commit the necessary funds and resources to return Lebanese refugees to their cities, villages, and homes
• prevent the further destruction of infrastructure in Lebanon and Gaza
• secure the exchange of Lebanese and other Arab prisoners for the captured Israeli soldiers and
• begin a political process that ends the current crisis and paves the way toward a comprehensive Middle East peace.
Email or Call your Senators and Representatives.
Call the White House Comment Line: 202-456-1111.