Camp St. Raphael
Camp St. Raphael
c/o St. George Cathedral
7515 East 13th Street at Broadmoor
Wichita, KS 67206-1224
Our own Diocesan summer camp, Camp St. Raphael, is located on the grounds of Camp Takatoka near Wagoner, Oklahoma (about an hour drive southeast of Tulsa). At present it operates for two weeks each summer (late June and early July). A completely volunteer CSR committee works throughout the year in preparing quality programs for our children and teens. Four priests from the Diocese are assigned to the Camp each year (two for each one week session).
Camp St. Raphael Camp Applications (for campers and counselors) and camping session dates are advertised by standard and electronic mail to each community, and are also available upon request from the Wichita Chancery and the Camp St. Raphael website.
Please find attached to this email three applications: Camper, CIT and Staff applications, the Check List and the Parent Booklet have been sent to the youth advisors and are online at www.campstraphael.org.
Here is how the process works:
- Camper applications are accepted on a first come bases
- Staff and CIT applications are due by March 1st
- Once campers are accepted they are then emailed the health form and transportation form
- The Early Bird Tuition is $300 if all forms are FULLY completed and returned to us by May 1
- Regular tuition is $325
- This year there is a $10 airport fee per camper who is flying to CSR
This month, each DOWAMA parish will receive a St. Ignatius Scholarship Form. For more information on the St. Ignatius Scholarship, please inquire at your local parish.
If you have any questions or need further information please let me know.