Orthodox Institute 2013
Orthodox Institute 2013
“Blessed is the Kingdom: Acts 2:42 and Today”
Keynote Speaker: His Eminence Metropolitan Savas of Pittsburgh
Keynote Address: The Spirit of Giving in the Early Church
October 31 - November 3
Antiochian Village + Ligonier, PA
Download Flyer (PDF)
Visit the 2013 Orthodox Institute Facebook page
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, (717) 747-5221
For schedules, course descriptions and registration forms, please see attachments at the bottom of this page.
Please note: the price for room and board listed in the flyer is incorrect; the correct figure is $277.20 based on triple occupancy.
• Fr. Thomas FitzGerald • Dr. Kyriaki FitzGerald • Dr. Stefanie Yazge • Alexei Krindatch • Fr. Stephen Freeman • Fr. James Bernstein • Sandra Anderson • Joseph Kormos • Kh. Janet Shadid • Dr. Anton Vrame • Kevin Allen • Katrina Bitar • Kh. Gigi Shadid • Nicholas Chakos
“Blessed is the Kingdom: Acts 2:42 and Today” will offer courses on the persons and early writings that shaped the vision of the Church, on the issues of the first centuries, on the Eucharist, and finally on how the Church is living the vision now. The conference is for the person who wishes to learn about ecclesiology (the study of the Church); its beginnings and its contours today. Mark your calendars for October 31-November 3, 2013, Antiochian Village.
• Understanding Orthodoxy in America Today • The Early Church • Living the Mystery • Vibrant Parishes • Early Church Issues and Key People • Women in the Church • How Temple Became Church • How to Love One Another • The Educating Community: The Parish as Curriculum • Challenges and Opportunities for the Ancient Faith Today • FOCUS North America, Real Break • Y.E.S. and H.U.G.S. (a new initiative for Church Schools, encouraging service) • OCEC Church School Director Seminar • OCEC Teacher Training II
Registration fee $65, room and board begins at $277.20 for triple occupancy. Each participant will receive a CD of all course narratives, outlines, and handouts so sessions may be replicated for the parish. Book signings, wine and cheese receptions, fellowship with eminent Orthodox faithful, wonderful food, beautiful location one-and-1/2 hours from Pittsburgh. Be inspired and educated!
Metropolitan Savas Zembillas graduated from Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology in Brookline, Massachusetts (1984, M.Div. with highest honors). He continued his studies at Oxford University, England, under the supervision of then Bishop Kallistos Ware. Prior to his election to the throne of Pittsburgh, Metropolitan Savas served as the titular Bishop of Troas (2001-2011). During his tenure in this position, he also served as the Chancellor of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese (1999-2009) and Director of the Archdiocesan Office of Church, Society and Culture (2009-2011). He was enthroned as Metropolitan of Pittsburgh at Saint Nicholas Cathedral in Pittsburgh on December 8, 2011.
Metropolitan Savas has been an active participant in the social network structures, with over 1,000 followers on Facebook, engaging issues of contemporary, culture and society from an Orthodox Christian perspective. He recently concluded his term as Chairman of the Committee for Church and Society of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of North and Central America.
- Biography of Fr. Thomas FitzGerald
- Biography of Dr. Kyriaki FitzGerald
- Interview with Dr. Stefanie Yazge
- Biography of Dr. Stefanie Yazge
- Biography of Alexei Krindatch
- Biography of Fr. Stephen Freeman
- Biography of Fr. James Bernstein
- Biography of Sandra Anderson
- Biography of Joseph Kormos
- Biography of Kh. Janet Shadid
- Biography of Dr. Anton Vrame
- Biography of Kevin Allen
- Biography of Katrina Bitar
- Biography of Kh. Gigi Shadid
- Biography of Nicholas Chakos