Explanation of the 2012-13 Festivals Theme: The End of History – The Last Judgment
THE THEME FOR THE 2013 CREATIVE FESTIVALS
The End of History – The Last Judgment
“I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you welcomed Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.” ~Matthew 25: 35-36
This year’s theme reminds our young people to be ready for the last judgment by practicing good works and that the standard of judgment is mercy toward the needy.
The goal is to have the students…
- Understand that what we do reflects our true inner state; that we will need no other evidence before God’s court.
- Realize that a saving faith produces righteous works.
- Realize that the needy are brothers of Christ and by showing love towards the poor and outcast, we are showing our love toward Christ, because to see Christ in everyone is the fulfillment of the great commandment to love our neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:39).
- Understand that through this display of love towards those who are hungry, thirsty, poor, or in prison, we will be crowned with grace and be inheritors of the Kingdom of heaven, when God will proclaim, “Well done good and faithful servant…enter into the joy of your Lord.” (Matthew 25:23)
- Know that as faithful Christians and followers of the Master, we need to put our faith into action: practicing good deeds of mercy to our neighbor, whomever or wherever he or she may be. Christ came to save all men and women, and He identifies Himself with the sick, the outcast, and the poor - with those in need. Christ asks us to follow His example.
How we practice works of mercy determines how Christ will reward us –“the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.” ~Matthew 25:33