Memory Eternal! + Nabiha Nasr
Glory to Jesus Christ who is the Resurrection and the Life! Glory forever!
St. George Cathedral in Coral Gables, Florida is saddened to inform you of the passing into eternal life of the handmaid of God, Nabiha Nasr, early this morning, August 29, 2012, at the age of 94. Nabiha, late widow of Jules Nasr, and matriarch of the Nasr family, was mother to five children, twelve grandchildren, and twelve great-grandchildren. St. George Cathedral offers her sincerest condolences to her children, Michel (Cathedral Council President), Aimee, Mouna, Gretta, Sally, and their families. May the loving God who gave His only Son, grant rest to his handmaiden, Nabiha, with the Saints, and may He bless and comfort the Nasr family with his Grace.
The following arrangements have been made:
- At the request of the family, in lieu of flowers, donations may be made in memory of Nabiha Nasr to St. George Cathedral.
- Thursday, August 30 - The Nasr family will receive condolences from 6:00-9:00 p.m. at the home of Michel and Mary Nasr. The address is as follows: 12800 SW 69th Avenue, Pinecrest, FL 33156.
- Friday, August 31 - The Wake will take place at St. George Cathedral from 5:00-7:30 p.m. followed by the Funeral Service at 7:30 p.m. A Mercy Meal will be offered after the service in the Church Hall by the members of the Cathedral Council.
- Saturday, September 1 - The Final Viewing will begin at St. George Cathedral at 9:30 a.m. followed by the Trisagion Service (short order) beginning at 10:00 am. The Procession and Burial will take place immediately aftewards at Miami Memorial Park. A Mercy Meal will be offered after the Burial in the Church Hall by Atala and Andrea Abu-Akel and Yamil and Salma Zacur.
- Sunday, September 2 - The Third/Ninth Day Memorial Service will take place after the Divine Liturgy, which begins at 10:30 a.m.
May her memory be eternal!