Order New Taste & See Cookbook in Time for Christmas
It's fasting and gift-giving season. Sounds like the perfect time for a new Orthodox fasting & feasting cookbook! Now is the perfect time to order your new cookbook. It's not too late to give this as Christmas presents this year, but order soon!
Taste & See II: More American Orthodox Cooking is a sequel to the much loved Taste & See Cookbook published in 1999. With the help of 150 contributors at 63 parishes in 27 states across America, this ALL-NEW cookbook has been published by the Women of St. Elizabeth Orthodox Church in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
The Taste & See Cookbooks have been created to help American cooks prepare meals that conform to traditional Orthodox fasting guidelines while appealing to an American palate. Preparing meals during the fast should be as simple and stress-free as possible to allow ourselves more time for prayer, almsgiving and attending the services.
The first Taste & See Cookbook was published in 1999 by the Women of St. Ignatius in Franklin, Tennessee, and touched countless lives.
This edition carries on with the tradition of the first one with 500 ALL-NEW RECIPES. The proceeds from this cookbo ok will go to the Antiochian Women's charity efforts and the St. Elizabeth Orthodox Church building fund (we're currently in rented facilities).
This book contains almost 50% MORE recipes than the first one. The first 85% of the cookbook contains fasting recipes, with the remaining book featuring Our Best Feasting Recipes.
New to this edition
- 500 all-new recipes
- “Cooking for a Crowd” chapter
- Mealtime prayers
- An essay on fasting meal planning by Kh. Lara Oliver
- Tabbed dividers!
- For people who require a gluten-free diet, recipes that are gluten-free are marked with a [GF]
Features continued from the previous edition
- A glossary
- Fasting tips
- Edifying quotes from the Bible and saints
- Padded three-ring format — lies flat while cooking!
- Fasting recipes that contain oil or wine are marked with an *
Chapters & Recipes
To see the list of chapters and a sample list of recipes, please click here: http://tasteandseecookbook.com/whats-inside/.
The proceeds of this cookbook will benefit the Antiochian Women’s Charity Projects and the St. Elizabeth Building Fund. St. Elizabeth Orthodox Christian Church was founded in 2005 as the only Orthodox parish in Rutherford County, one of the fastest-growing counties in Tennessee. To learn more about the St. Elizabeth parish and our efforts to expand Christ’s Church in Middle Tennessee through this cookbook project, please read here: http://tasteandseecookbook.com/who-youre-helping/
1 or 2 books — $24 each plus shipping*
3 – 9 books — $22 each plus shipping*
10 – 15 books — $20 each plus shipping*
Case of 16 books – $18 each plus shipping*
*Shipping is $4.50 for one book, $2 for each additional book. If you are ordering 4 or more books, please contact us for exact shipping costs. Books are shipped USPS Media Mail and should arrive within 4 weeks or less. Express Shipping is available for $11 for one book and $3 for each additional book. Books ordered with Express Shipping should arrive within 1 week of us receiving your order. Online ordering is HIGHLY recommended for Express Shipping.
How to order
We are pleased to announce that we can now take orders through PayPal!
- Go to PayPal and log in (or sign up for an easy, free, secure account).
- Click on the “Send Money” tab.
- Enter our email address — firstname.lastname@example.org — into the “To” field.
- Enter $29 for one cookbook. (It’s $24 for the book, $4.50 for shipping, 50 cents to offset the cost of using PayPal). See the chart above for rates for additional books or Express Shipping. Thanks!
- Click on “Goods” if it’s not already selected, then “Continue”.
- IMPORTANT! On this confirmation page, scroll down to the message window. Please type in how many books you’re purchasing and the address you’d like for us to send them to.
- Click on “Send Money”.
We’ll have your book(s) to you in 4 weeks or less for standard shipping, 1 week or less for Express Shipping. Please put EXPRESS SHIPPING in your email subject line to ensure we expedite your shipping.
Please send a check (one book: $28.50 – including shipping) made out to St. Elizabeth Orthodox Church to:
Taste & See Cookbook
c/o St. Elizabeth Orthodox Church
321 W McKnight Dr
Murfreesboro, TN 37129