Women of the Bible Name Collage
- Poster board, cut horizontally into 8” wide strips
- Markers, crayons, colored pencils, paint
- Variety of scrapbook paper
- Various objects related to a specific woman of the Bible
- Have the students choose a woman of the Bible who they would like to depict in a name collage.
- Provide time for the students to read about that woman. They can also go home to find more information on the internet.
- Instruct the students to spend the week collecting objects that tell the story about the chosen woman of the Bible. They can also cut out pictures that are related to her.
- On the following Sunday, have the students create a background on the poster board strip by gluing, drawing, and/or painting the life of the woman from the Bible.
- Have the students cut out the letters of the woman’s name from various magazines.
- The letters can then be glued on top of the created background.
- Allow the students to share their finished projects with the rest of the class by identifying the objects in the background to tell the story.
Example (this is not a person’s name, but provides an example of how 3-D objects can be used and what the finished project can look like.)
|Ruth Name Collage (Word)||440.5 KB|