January 23, 2013
Dear Reverend Fathers,
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Once again, we are asking for your help in finding women in your parish who could benefit from the Antiochian Women's Scholarship. Each year, the Antiochian Christian Women of North America are able to award scholarships, usually in the amount of $500.00 each, to help women continue their education in order to improve their circumstances and those of their families. We will be awarding these scholarships in July at the Summer Meetings at the Antiochian Village. You can help by passing along the enclosed application to the women in your parish you feel are eligible and would benefit from our scholarship. Please feel free to duplicate the application form if more than one woman in your parish wishes to apply. Also, please publicize the scholarship in your parish newsletter or Sunday bulletin.
The qualifications for the scholarship are as follows:
- The applicant must be a female over 26 years of age;
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of a parish of the Antiochian Archdiocese;
- The applicant must be actively involved in her parish;
- The applicant must be applying for or registered in an academic or trade program of study; and
- The applicant must demonstrate financial need.
The application deadline is June 1, 2013. Interested women can direct their entries and/or send applications to the address on the attached form.
Thank you for helping us with this very important program. We look forward to receiving the applications from the women in your parish.
Yours in Christ,
North American Board