Prayer and Liturgics for Nativity Season
Texts and Music for the Nativity Season
Quick links to material for prayer at home and in church
Appropriate services during the Nativity Fast are:
For services on Thanksgiving Day, His Grace Bishop Basil has provided the following texts. The texts follow a Slavic liturgical tradition, but they can be easily adjusted for Antiochian liturgical usage.
Many parishes and individuals celebrate Thanksgiving with the Akathist of Thanksgiving. The Antiochian Women of the East have also provided a printable version of the Akathist organized for devotional reading throughout the Nativity Fast.
The Department of Sacred Music provides musical settings in PDF format for the major feasts of the Nativity season:
- Nativity of Our Lord Pre-Feast Series (PDF)
- Sunday of the Forefathers (Second Sunday before Nativity) Vespers (PDF)
- Sunday of the Forefathers (Second Sunday before Nativity) Orthros (PDF)
- Sunday before Nativity Vespers (PDF)
- Sunday before Nativity Orthros (PDF)
- Nativity of Our Lord Post-Feast Series (PDF)
The Department of Sacred Music also has a collection of Carols of the Nativity by Richard Toensing, based on Orthodox hymnography (PDF format, not for liturgical use)
Other Paraliturgical Hymns are also available in the PDF Library under section P.
Following the Nativity season, the Department of Sacred Music provides musical settings for the Feast of Theophany:
From His Grace Bishop Basil: