We Give Thanks to Thee, O Christ Our God
Everlasting King, Thy will for our salvation is full of power. Thy right arm controls the whole course of human life. We give Thee thanks for all Thy mercies, seen and unseen. For eternal life, for the heavenly Joys of the Kingdom which is to be. Grant mercy to us who sing Thy praise, both now and in the time to come. Glory to Thee, O God, from age to age.
What do American Orthodox do on Thanksgiving? We give thanks, to our Creator and Fashioner and God. The following links offer inspiration and assistance in celebrating this great American holiday in proper fashion, in full eucharistic thanksgiving "for all things of which we know and of which we know not, for blessings seen and unseen that have been bestowed upon us."
- The Akathist of Thanksgiving: "Glory to God for All Things"
- Thanksgiving: The National Holy-Day: by Fr. George Morelli
- Acts of Thanksgiving: Listen as Dr. Demetrios Katos discusses the most important devotion of Christian Worship - Acts of Thanksgiving.
- A Deeper Level of Thanksgiving: Fr. Thomas Hopko discusses gratitude on Ancient Faith Radio
- Thankful: Meditations of Thanks from Molly Sabourin on Ancient Faith Radio
- A Thanksgiving Prayer by Fr. Alexander Schmemann
For services on Thanksgiving Day, His Grace Bishop Basil has provided the following texts. The texts follow a Slavic liturgical tradition, but they can be easily adjusted for Antiochian liturgical usage.