Icon of the Mother of God of Pimen
The Pimen Icon of the Most Holy Theotokos was brought to Moscow from Constantinople in 1381 by Metropolitan Pimen. Many miracles took place before this icon, which flowed with a fragrant healing myrrh.
The Pimen Icon was kept in the altar of the Dormition Cathedral in the Kremlin.
By permission of the Orthodox Church in America (www.oca.org)