Pre-Lenten Retreat with Frederica Mathewes-Green in Wilkes-Barre, PA
"On Becoming Orthodox and Being Orthodox"
On Saturday, February 21st, 2009, noted Orthodox writer and radio commentator Frederica Mathewes-Green, will speak at St. Mary Orthodox Church in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. The event will begin with lunch at 12:30 and will include two speaker sessions, a book sale and a book signing, ending with Vespers. This event is free and open to the public. Children are welcome. For more information or to register for the event by e-mail, please contact Freida Skaff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 12:30 Registration, Buffet Lunch, book table is open after lunch till first session
- 1:30 first session, “Becoming Orthodox” [“East, West, East: a Personal Spiritual Journey.”]
with question period
- 2:30 break (light refreshments) and booktable
- 3:00 second session, “Being Orthodox,” ["Salvation as a Path of Healing”] with question period
- 4:00 break (Coffee, Tea, beverages, desserts) and booktable
- 5:30 Vespers