Icon of the Mother of God of “St. Christopher”


Commemorated on July 28

In 1555, the Icon of the Mother of God “of St. Christopher” was placed in the church of the monastery founded by St. Christopher of Solvychegodsk, a disciple of St. Longinus of Koryazkemsk.

This icon was glorified by many miracles, and near the monastery a spring of healing water flows from the earth.

The St. Christopher Icon is one of the Hodigitria type.

By permission of the Orthodox Church in America (www.oca.org)