Icon of the Mother of God “of Tenderness” from Seraphim-Diveyevo


Commemorated on July 28

The Seraphim-Diveyevo “Tenderness” Icon of the Mother of God belonged to St. Seraphim of Sarov, and was with him in his cell.

With the oil from the lampada, which burned before this holy icon, St. Seraphim anointed the sick, who received healing after the anointing.

St. Seraphim died while at prayer before this icon on January 2, 1833.

After his death, the monastery’s Superior, Father Niphon, gave the holy “Tenderness” icon to the sisters of the Seraphim-Diveyevo Monastery.

By permission of the Orthodox Church in America (www.oca.org)