Job Opportunity at the Antiochian Village
Antiochian Village Conference and Retreat Center
Looking for a job opportunity in beautiful Western Pennsylvania? The Antiochian Village Conference and Retreat Center is seeking a qualified and experienced individual in the lodging and tourism industry to generate new business for our God-protected ministry just six miles north of Ligonier, Pennsylvania. This position is full time and compensation includes a base salary, commission, health and dental benefits. If you already know what “SMERF” means and have had success in this market - this may be the job for you.
TITLE: Outside Sales
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
BASED AT: Antiochian Village Conference & Retreat Center
EDUCATION LEVEL: College Graduate (preferred)
JOB PURPOSE: The Outside Sales position is responsible for bringing new business to the Antiochian Village Conference & Retreat Center and increasing awareness of our facilities among potential corporate and business clients, so as to increase occupancy rates, particularly mid-week, in accordance with our financial goals and the mission of the Antiochian Village Conference & Retreat Center.
- Identify, analyze, and maintain current reports on competition, both locally and regionally.
- Maintain efficient sales office procedures for productive use of time and insure maintenance of accurate and updated account files and follow-up procedures.
- Promptly respond (within 24-hours) to all inquiries and prospects whether tentative or definite.
- Plan and manage off-site visits with prospective customers according to an agreed market segment strategy.
- Bring in new business and increase visibility of Antiochian Village in corporate, non-profit, association, and sports markets.
- Develop, maintain and periodically update the sales kit, complete with all materials necessary for outside sales activity.
- Assist marketing to develop sales tools for use in the sales kit.
- Provide prospective customers with facility tours.
- Respond to and follow up on sales inquiries and leads from trade shows and other external sources, using appropriate and ethical methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Maintain high visibility in the surrounding community and in the hospitality industry.
- Qualify and solicit new and in-active accounts through:
- Personal Visits
- Telephone Calls
- Written Correspondence
- Participation in Promotional Events
- Participation in industry and community events, as well as trade shows
- Travel to industry events and sales calls
- Maintain a sales log (“tickler file”) with business cards – as well as enter all activities and leads into KX Conference Center Management Program (Marketing Module) – for follow-up.
- Enter, retrieve, and process all appropriate information from the KX system.
- Communicate and cooperate internally with event services, the sales team, and administration to compliment and contribute to our positive and productive work culture.
- Participate in ongoing professional training development.
SCOPE OF DUTIES: The position is based at the Antiochian Village Conference & Retreat Center, with many duties taking place off-site, including initial meetings and presentations with prospective customers. As much as 60% of the outside salesperson’s time including appointments, networking functions, and prospecting efforts, should be conducted offsite. Travel, including some overnight stays, required.
Application Process: Résumés (please include references) should be sent to:
Mr. H. Paul Finley
Antiochian Village Camp & Conference Center
140 Church Camp Road
Bolivar, PA 15923