Commemorated on April 16
The Tambov Icon of the Mother of God was glorified in 1692. The icon was earlier location in the church of the Tambov Cemetery in the name of Archdeacon Stephen. The icon was taken from the cemetery at the request of an individual who was seriously ill. The icon had been revealed to him in a dream that he would be healed, if a molieben were served before it.
After fervent prayer of a molieben for the sick, the sick man was healed. The celebration of the icon was established by decree of the Holy Synod.
By permission of the Orthodox Church in America (www.oca.org )