"As you come to him, the living Stone, rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to Him, you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."
The Clergy of the Archdiocese of Bosra-Hauran:
- His Eminence, Metropolitan +SABA. He lives at the chancery in Al-Sweda.
- Fr. Paul, over eighty years old and retired.
- Archimandrite Issac, age 46. Serves Ira. He is studying at Balamand. He is a monk and living in the chancery in Al-Sweda.
- Fr. Peter, age 43, serves Al-Sweda and Jbeb. He is not seminary educated and has no house.
- Fr. George, age 43, serves Daraa. He is not seminary educated and has a concrete house (the platform, ceiling and walls only).
- Fr. Peter, age 42, serves Znebe. He is not seminary educated and has a concrete house.
- Fr. Philip, age 42, serves Al Oslha, A dara, Shahba. He is not seminary educated and has no house.
- Fr. George, age 40, serves Salkhad, Aramman, Malah, Anz, Om Aromman. He is not married and living in Rakham with his parents.
- Fr. Samaan, age 61, serves Al Korayya, Tisiya and Maarbeh. He is not seminary educated.
- Fr. Elia, age 35, serves Izraa and Mothbeen. He is a Balamand Seminary graduate, has concrete house.
- Fr. Timon, age 34, serves Kharaba and Rakham. He is a Balamand Seminary graduate, but has no house.
- Achimandrite Seraphim, age 36. He is studying Canon Law in Thessaloniki and not married.
- Deacon Joseph Salloum, age 34. He is seminary educated . He has no house.
Needs to be met:
- Each priest should have a salary of $400 per month.
- Each priest has a housing allowance of about $150 per month.
How can you help?
- Adopt a priest for a year
- Hold a special fundraiser for a priest in the Archdiocese of Bosra-Hauran
- Conduct prayer services for the clergy of Bosra-Hauran
- Donate a financial gift for a priest in the Archdiocese
- Hold a parish or public luncheon
- Take a special collection for a priest of the Archdiocese
- Hold a series of lectures on the Archdiocese of Bosra-Hauran focusing on the historical significance of the area
- Add a line item for Hauran in the parish budget
There are so many possibilities for fundraising and education. This is not a definitive list. Please use your community’s resources and talents to contribute in a way that suits your church.