The “Ustiug Annunciation” is a venerable icon, before which St. Procopius, a Fool-for-Christ, prayed with intense fervor on June 25, 1290 for the salvation of the city of Ustiug from the wrath of God.
The icon was painted by a Novgorod iconographer when Prince Vsevolod-Gabriel ruled the city. In 1567, under Metropolitan Philip, the holy icon was transferred from Ustiug to Moscow and placed in the Dormition Cathedral.
At the present time, it is located in the State Tretyakov Gallery in Russia.
By permission of the Orthodox Church in America (www.oca.org )