The Mission of St. Andrew the Apostle , Lewes, Delaware was blessed by a visit from His Grace Bishop THOMAS the weekend of December 5th–6th.
At Vespers Saturday evening Sayidna encouraged us to continue to reach out to our community with the message of Orthodoxy. We had several visitors with us at Vespers and for refreshments following.
Sayidna celebrated the first Hierarchical Divine Liturgy for St. Andrew Sunday morning with a full Church (the Grange Hall) and beautiful choir. Subdeacon Joseph Kavchok of St. Philip, Souderton, Pennsylvania and Subdeacon Jason Flowers of Holy Ascension, Frazer, Pennsylvania assisted. Our seminarian from Saint Vladimir's, Adrian Budica, was elevated to Subdeacon. Our parishioner Jack Berberian became a Reader. Refreshments for all followed at noon at the home of parishioners. After the mealtime, the youth gave an enthusiastic presentation on the life of St. Nicholas for all attending.
In January 2010, St. Andrew Mission will settle on a two acre property, conveniently located, as we plan to build a more permanent meeting place.
The Antiochian Mission of St. Andrew meets every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. Services are held at the Henlopen Grange, 1528 Savannah Road in Lewes. We have had visitors from Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, New York, New Jersey, Washington D.C., California and Canada. We welcome all coming to the Delaware beaches for a vacation at any season of the year to visit and worship with us at St. Andrew. Please check the Archdiocesan web site  or get in touch with Fr. Boniface Black at 302-645-5791.