Everyone I have spoken to about the 2011 Orthodox Institute at Antiochian Village is very excited about this “event like no other!” Mark your calendars now for November 3-6, 2011 at Antiochian Village, outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. NOW is the time to approach your parish council about setting aside funds.
More information 
Here are some highlights:
- Core courses are: Overview of the Bible, Focus on the Gospels, and The Old Testament Revealed.
- Additional theme courses: The Bible and Children, A Parish Bible Study Model, Vacation Church School: Scripture and the Holy Land, Women in the Bible.
- Teacher Training II and Church School Director Training
- Keynote presenter: The Very Reverend Thomas Hopko, Dean Emeritus, St. Vladimir’s Seminary
- Book signings and a wine and cheese reception
- Free gifts throughout the weekend
- An interactive exhibit—tour of the Holy Land
In addition, this year we will offer, ready to use for the benefit of your parish and church school: a packaged Parish Bible Study program, and packaged sample craft materials and instructions to take home. Finally, for all who attend, there will be a discount coupon towards a new vacation church school program, based on the theme of this Institute. In addition to the benefit of gathering with others in the ministry, mention these reasons to your parish council when you ask for full or partial funding to attend! You can download the flyer here .