Zach Simons, Director of Marketing and Sales, reports, "Thursday night the Antiochian Village Conference and Retreat Center  experienced a small fire in the first floor level industrial laundry room. Everyone was evacuated from the building, and the Fairfield Volunteer Fire Department came swiftly, followed by several other area fire departments.
There is no structural or water damage to the facility, and there were no injuries.
The fire started in a commercial dryer and remained contained to that room thanks to our safety systems operating properly and, by all accounts, the quick thinking and bravery of our Executive Director Paul Finley, who reportedly thrice entered the room with a fire extinguisher to deal with the problem.
All guests, residents, and employees were back in the building shortly after the incident, and business continues to operate normally.
The Village would like to thank the Fairfield VFD for their leadership and bravery in dealing with this incident... kudos to them!"