- small or large jar template (see attached Word document )
- crayons, colored pencils, or markers
- title, label, or memory verse
- various items to decorate (confetti)
- copies of icons related to specific Bible story
- colored paper
- plain white construction paper
Bible Stories and Ideas:
Ideas for Large Jar
- Have children write in their own words the Bible story.
- Draw a picture of the Bible story on the jar.
- Decorate the jar as desired - eg. Use red/orange cellophane to show the torch inside the jar for Gideon.
Ideas for Small Jars
- Use jars to create a collage of the story. Decorate as desired, again using embellishments (if appropriate) or stickers, colored paper, etc.
Directions (for Wedding at Cana):
- Have the children cut out three jars.
- Have the children glue or write the title “Wedding at Cana” at the top of the plain white construction paper.
- Have the children glue a copy of the icon of the Wedding Feast at Cana onto the paper.
- Have the children color one jar with light blue to represent water. Have them color the other two jars with purple to represent the wine.
- The page can be decorated with confetti to show how the wedding feast was a party.
|Jar Collage (Word) ||112 KB|