On February 27, we commemorate the repose of our beloved father among the saints, St. Raphael (Hawaweeny) of Brooklyn.
Today is the day we honor the holy hierarch Raphael! Who can describe his many sorrows and his many labors? Who can describe his many pains? He journeyed on land and on the sea, searching for his lost sheep, in weariness and in poverty, in sleeplessness, thirst and hunger. He became the good shepherd of the lost sheep in America, so let us cry out unto to him: O our Father, intercede for the salvation of our souls!
+ Praises at Orthros
- The Life of Our Father among the Saints Raphael Hawaweeny  by His Grace Bishop Basil, published in the May 2000 issue of The Word following St. Raphael's glorification
- Akolouthia for St. Raphael (PDF) 
- Biographical details of St. Raphael's life 
- Read about a recent miraculous intervention by St. Raphael in the life of an Athos monk 
- See a New York Times article about St. Raphael  written on his arrival in America
Rejoice, O Father Raphael, adornment of the holy Church! Thou art champion of the True Faith, seeker of the lost, consolation of the oppressed, father to orphans and friend of the poor, peacemaker and good shepherd, joy of all the Orthodox, son of Antioch, boast of America. Intercede with Christ God for us and for all who honor thee.
+ Apolytikion, Tone 3