For the past seven years Joseph Kormos has focused on assisting and stimulating Orthodox parishes to become healthy, hopeful, vibrant 21st century Orthodox communities that grow in their commitment to living a life in Christ.
Leveraging 40+ years of industry and church related experience in the areas of strategic planning, marketing, corporate consulting, group facilitation, and conference planning, Kormos is currently leader of the Parish Development Ministry of the Orthodox Church in America's Archdiocese of Western Pennsylvania. In this position he develops and presents workshops, authors a parish leadership newsletter (Parish Pulse) and helps to create parish tools for stewardship, evangelization, parish administration and leading change.
He has been the featured speaker at numerous industry and Orthodox Conferences.
Kormos lives in Cincinnati with his wife of 37 years. Their two children and three grandsons are all active Orthodox Christians.
Relevant Orthodox Experience
- Facilitator for over 40 Orthodox parish, deanery, diocesan and national planning workshops in the US and Canada along with ten internet based topical webinars.
- Six years as the head of the Parish Development Ministry of the OCA's Midwest Diocese.
- Creator of OCA Parish Profile survey and report and developer of the Orthodox Parish Health Inventory model –an assessment tool for Orthodox parishes.
- Diocesan Council Midwest Diocese OCA – 12 years
- Leader of planning team for three OCA All American Councils
- A founding member of Christ the Savior-Holy Spirit Church, Cincinnati OH. Served as parish warden, treasurer, assistant choir director stewardship drive leader.
- 'Baptized Orthodox' — Archangel Michael Orthodox Church, Cleveland OH.