2016 SOYO Metropolitan Philip Youth Worker Scholarship is Available
With the blessing of Metropolitan Joseph, NAC SOYO announces that the application for the 2016 SOYO Metropolitan Philip Youth Worker Scholarship is now available.
Download 2016 Application Form (PDF)
Due Date: October 31, 2016
Requirements for Eligibility
The following are the requirements that must be met in order to be eligible for the Youth Worker Scholarship.
- The applicant must have been an active member of an Antiochian parish for at least the last five years.
- The applicant must be active in youth work.
- The applicant agrees to enroll in a recognized Orthodox Christian program with a youth ministry focus or component; programs such as the St. Stephen's Youth Ministry Concentration of the Antiochian House of Studies.
- The recipient will seek direction from the Chairman of the Archdiocese Department of Youth as to which institution is available for training.
- The applicant is willing to make a minimum three year commitment to parish youth work in the Antiochian Archdiocese either as a volunteer or on a paid basis, but only following completion of the program [EC1] .
A complete application must include the following:
- A completed and signed Application Form.
- A short essay on youth ministry (described in the application form).
- Reference from your spiritual father and/or parish priest.
Send all information to:
Youth Worker Scholarship
PO Box 389
Westwood, MA 02090-0389
V. Rev. Dr. Joseph F. Purpura, Chairman
Deadline: October 31, 2016
Questions regarding the application process can be directed to the Chairman of the Department of Youth and Parish Ministry, Fr. Joseph F. Purpura, at FrJoseph@OrthodoxYouth.com.
|2016 SOYO Metropolitan Philip Youth Worker Scholarship Application (PDF)||256.56 KB|