Antiochian Orthodox Christian Women of North America
The Antiochian Orthodox Christian Women of North America was founded in 1973 through the vision of His Eminence Metropolitan Philip Saliba as an organization of the Antiochian Archdiocese. Its purpose is to develop a spirit of Christian leadership, awareness, and commitment; to foster a genuine expression of love and service through works of charity; and to instill a sense of fellowship and a deeper understanding of the heritage and traditions of the Orthodox Church.
The Antiochian Women are organized according to region, but come together for communication and collaboration through the North American Board (NAB), which consists of officers and delegates from each region. On this web page we post information on our programs, and spiritual resources such as the lives of women saints. Back issues of DIAKONIA and SOPHIA newsletters can also be found here in PDF format.
His Grace Bishop Joseph once said: “When everyone left our Lord Jesus Christ alone on the cross, the women were there. Can you see how important the women are? You are the myrrh-bearing women.”
UPDATE JANUARY 8: REGISTRATION LINK BELOW HAS BEEN CORRECTED.
With the blessing of His Eminence Metropolitan Joseph, the 2015 Archdiocese Mid-Winter Meetings will be held at the Antiochian Village in Ligonier, PA, February 6-8, 2015. The Archdiocese and Diocese officers of the Antiochian Women, Fellowship of St. John Divine, and Teen SOYO will gather for their annual Mid-Winter meetings to conduct the business of our Archdiocese organizations. Travel, lodging, and registration information is below. Please contact your NAC/NAB President if you have any questions.
The Winter 2014-15 issue of DIAKONIA is now available online. This issue highlights The Diocese of Toledo & the Midwest! The issue contains:
- Trusting in the Lord, by His Eminence Metropolitan Joseph
- The Beauty of the Church: Its Place and Purpose, by His Grace Bishop Anthony
- Do We Need the Church? by V. Rev. Daniel Daly, Spiritual Advisor
- Who Will Mind Our Children, by Sheryl Vander Wagen, Diocesan President
- Introducing The 2013 - 2015 Board of Antiochian Women of the Diocese of Toledo and the Midwest
- The Diocese of Toledo & the Midwest Parish Life Conference in Pictures
- Happenings Around The Diocese Of Toledo and the Midwest
...and more! Download (PDF) here.
This summer at the Summer Meetings at the Antiochian Village in Ligonier, Pennsylvania, His Eminence Metropolitan Joseph announced the new Antiochian Women Project for 2014-2015 which will incorporate his vision for the Antiochian Archdiocese well into the future. Over the next year, the Antiochian Women will work towards "Nurturing the Seeds of Orthodoxy Across North America".
The Project is two-fold:
- "Regional Camping and Learning Centers" – His Eminence's vision is to offer Orthodox programs throughout all of North America and the ultimate establishment of facilities to house these events.
- "Monastic Communities" – The vision is to make Antiochian Orthodox monastic communities prevalent across our continent.
Throughout our work on this Project, let us recall the parable of the mustard seed where Jesus said, "To what shall we liken the kingdom of God? ... It is like a mustard seed which, ... when it is sown, it grows up and becomes greater than all herbs, and shoots out large branches, so that the birds of the air may nest under its shade." (Mark 4:30-32.)